This document sets forth terms under which the University of Rochester (“University”) will make available to you those information technology resources that it deems appropriate. Such resources may include computers, software, networks, email services, and data storage capabilities that you are able to access via mobile devices meeting the University’s standards. These terms do not supersede or replace, but are in addition to the University Information Technology Policies and other applicable University policies.
Use of Information Technology and Resources
Information technology and resources are to support the educational, patient care, instructional, research, and administrative activities of the University, and the use of these resources is a privilege.
Your use of information technology and resources must be in accordance with the University’s Acceptable Use Policy.
By accepting the University of Rochester’s Mobile Device User Agreement terms, you acknowledge and agree that with respect to your use of information technology and resources on personally owned or University-owned mobile devices accessing University of Rochester information or computing services, including but not limited to mobile devices identified in Mobile Computing Device Standards, you agree to:
- Abide by all University policies relating to information technology;
- For departments classified as protected class, additional data security measure are required. High risk users also agree to: Have the University of Rochester mobile device security settings pushed to your mobile device(s) including device encryption, a password/pin requirement, a timeout lock and remote wipe capability;
- Make appropriate backups of your personal information maintained on the device in order to avoid loss of information should the device be lost, stolen, corrupted, or remotely wiped;
- Not backup University of Rochester information (including email) to non-University of Rochester computers and you will not move University of Rochester information from its encrypted area on the device to any other areas on the device;
- Hold the University of Rochester harmless for any loss relating to the administration of the device connectivity to University of Rochester systems including, but not limited to, loss of personal information stored on a device due to data deletion done to protect sensitive information related to University of Rochester, its patients, members or partners;
- The device being wiped by University of Rochester upon the decision of University of Rochester management for the purposes of securing University of Rochester information and understand that it may delete all data including personal files;
- The University of Rochester information residing on the device being wiped upon my termination with the University of Rochester;
- Report any lost or stolen mobile device immediately to the IT Help Desk at (585) 275-2000 or the Medical Center ISD Help Desk at (585) 275-3200.
- The University may suspend, block or restrict access to information and network resources when it reasonably appears necessary to do so in order to protect the integrity, security, or functionality of University resources or to protect the University from liability;
- Disciplinary action up to and including separation from the University;
- A department being held financially responsible for the costs incurred as result of a data breach, loss or illegal disclosure.