- Who can use Zoom?
- Who can help me learn to use Zoom?
- Can I integrate Zoom with my Blackboard Learn courses?
- Can I schedule Zoom meetings directly from Outlook?
- Is there a way to connect to video conferencing solutions outside of the University?
- Which tool should I choose for virtual meetings?
Who can use Zoom?
Zoom is available to all faculty, staff, and students at the University. Your account is provisioned upon logging in for the first time. Non-University participants are able to join meetings without an account, or can create a free personal account at http://zoom.us.
For HIPAA protected use, a HIPAA compliant Zoom environment is available. This instance has the following features and settings to ensure patient data is protected:
- End-to-end encryption
- Restricted file-transfer within client
- Local-only meeting recording
Who can help me learn to use Zoom?
There are a variety of resources available for learning to use Zoom:
- Tutorials for a variety of basic and advanced Zoom features are available on our Tutorials page
- The Zoom Help Center has a searchable database of tutorials, videos, FAQs, and more
- Participate in a weekly Zoom Training Webinar
- Reach out to your local Zoom Super User. Zoom Super Users are individuals around the University who have received training in using Zoom
Can I integrate Zoom with my Blackboard Learn courses?
Yes, you can make Zoom available in your Blackboard Learn course. Check out the Zoom Integration with Blackboard Learn instructions for more details.
Can I schedule Zoom meetings directly from Outlook?
Yes, an Outlook plugin is available for ease of scheduling.
Is there a way to connect to video conferencing solutions outside of the University?
Yes, Zoom features full H323 SIP connection capabilities.