University Information Technology has a number of job opportunities for students at the University of Rochester. In order to work for University IT, you must be a full-time, registered student. Learn more about specific job opportunities below.
Internships are also available for students at the University of Rochester and other universities.
Classroom Technology Technician
- Deliver and operate classroom equipment across River Campus
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment
- Help faculty and instructors integrate technology into their instruction
- Knowledge in working with computers and networking equipment
- Knowledge of video conferencing, audio/video recording, and online streaming systems
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
Get more information about Classroom Technology Services.
APPLY HERE via Blackboard
IT Center Help Desk Technician
- Assist with network registration and troubleshoot wireless and wired network issues
- Remove various types of malware from personal computers of students, faculty and staff
- Troubleshoot NetID and login issues
- Provide support via a variety of methods including walk-in, telephone and chat
- Understanding of networking, software and operating system basics
- Experience installing software and updates on desktop computers and laptops
- Professional demeanor and ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
- Working knowledge of Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
Printing Support Technician
- Troubleshoot printing errors
- Perform routine printer maintenance
- Restock printers
- Respond to support calls
Get more information about Public Printing.
UR Tech Store Sales Associate
- Managing customer service questions and requests
- Stocking equipment on the shelves
- Running the cash register
- Experience in customer service (preferred)
- Basic computer skills
- Strong organization skills
Get more information about the UR Tech Store.