Interns work alongside IT professionals, making substantial contributions to projects that will have a direct impact on the University’s day-to-day activities. Interns also take part in 3-4 events throughout the summer, including tours of University locations and professional development workshops. The program wraps up in August with a poster session that is open to the University community, giving interns the opportunity to discuss their work and network with University staff.
Previous interns have worked in a variety of areas, including:
- Website development
- System administration
- Security and compliance
- Communications and graphic design
- Identity management
- Business analysis
Why Intern with Us?
- Supplement your coursework with practical experience
- Explore careers in the growing information technology field
- Learn first hand what it’s like working in higher education
- Begin developing your professional network
How to Apply
Internship positions are generally posted March – May on the University’s Job Board, where you can complete your application. University of Rochester students can apply through the University’s student employment system, FAJobLink, which is accessible through Blackboard.