Box now features real-time co-authoring with Office Online, iOS, and Outlook.com. Learn more.
- Co-authoring– Create documents, take notes and share ideas in real-time with anyone.
- Syncing– Box Sync automatically synchronizes content you designate between your desktop and/or mobile device and Box account. Enabling you to access your important information on or offline.
- Collaboration– Allows collaboration with both UR and external non-UR individuals.
- Storage– UR Box users start with 5 TB of storage space to store files and folders; scalable upon request
- Discussions and comments– Add comments to specific files or exchange feedback with team members using discussion threads, so everyone’s in the loop.
- Version history– UR Box users can view previous versions of files even after changes are made and new versions are uploaded.
- Web documents– Create wiki-style documents right inside Box to share meeting notes, ideas and manage projects. Invite others to contribute and edit.
- Tasks– Keep workflow organized by assigning tasks to approve, review or update files.
- Full-text search– UR Box users can search for files with Box’s full-text search engine, which lets you search for documents, presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs and more based on file content.
- Mobile devices– Access content through all major browsers, and through mobile devices running iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry.
- Access Control– Share files and folders while controlling access with a range of permissions from preview-only to full editing and collaboration rights.
- Integrated Applications– Box offers a variety of integrated applications to meet user needs and enhance the user experience.
- UR Box should only be used for University related content. Personal accounts on Box are free and should be created with a non-UR email address.
- When a student graduates or an employee leaves the University of Rochester, their UR Box account will be closed. The leaving member should work with their Group Admin to remove or transfer any content that is needed.
- Box supports the latest release of several operating systems and browsers. View the complete list in Box’s support documentation.
- Check that the user is running the latest release of Flash and Java. Check Java for PC (For Mac run Apple’s software update, which will let you know if a newer version is needed). Check Flash (PC and Mac).
- Clearing cache and cookies will resolve most web application issues. Clear Cache.