This role leads the definition of data access rules. A trustee is primarily concerned with risk and exposure of data. Each domain, sub-domain, or term will have an trustee.
Duties of a Trustee
- Determines policies, guidelines, and business rules by which others are granted access to a data domain or data related to a specific business term.
- Reviews and approves ad hoc requests. For example: view access, data feeds, or corrections to data.
- Considers the costs of access control granularity versus the potential impact of misuse of access.
- Determines the security classification of the data and follows University security policies when making access decisions.
- Determines access rules that apply equally to original data and any copies of that data.
- May delegate these duties to others.
|Data Domain||Assigned Trustee(s)|
|Faculty||Director, University Human Resource Management System and University Director, Institutional Research|
|Human Resources||Director, University Human Resource Management System|
|International||Associate Provost for Global Advancement|
|Organization||Public Information Coordinator, Office of University Communications|
|Sponsored Projects||Associate Vice President for Research & Project Administration|
|Student Record||University Registrar|
|Student Account||University Bursar|