Where is the cable jack in my residence hall room?

Living spaces in each residence hall have one cable jack. Similarly, rooms designed for more than one occupant in residence halls also only have one cable jack for the room.

What should I do if my wall cable jack is damaged?

Do not attempt to repair the wall jack yourself. Call 585-275-2000 to request service to repair the cable jack.

How do I order additional channels to the current cable offering?

At this time, there are no options to purchase addition channels through our cable service.

Where can I get a coax cable to connect my television to the cable wall jack?

The University does not provide coax cables in residence halls. Your existing coax cable will work or if you need to purchase a new one they are available at the UR Tech Store.

I currently have a set top box, premium TV, road runner or digital phone service provided by Time Warner Cable.

If you are still using any Time Warner Cable services on campus, contact customer service at 585-756-5000 to schedule the discontinuation of your service.

Which external QAM tuner should I use for my television/monitor?

The iview-3500stbII is the recommended external tuner to use with non-QAM televisions.