- How do I check my quarantined spam email?
- How do I apply for a digital signature?
- What are best practices for using Exchange calendar across several devices (desktop, laptop, mobile) and users (delegates and teams)?
- Why does my Outlook Web Access (OWA) session time out?
- What is the data retention policy in Microsoft 365?
- How do I import .pst file data into Outlook?
- How do I change the time zone to my current time zone?
- What is the Clutter folder?
- How do I retrieve an email that I deleted from my Deleted Items folder?
- Why can’t I see public folders?
- Will my Out of Office message be sent more than once if I’m gone for a while?
- Will my Out of Office message be sent to users with external email addresses?
- When trying to use the one shared mailbox I had originally, I was unable to send from it and received a bounce email message saying I was not authorized. What can I do?
- There is a corrupt calendar entry that does not exist on my calendar or the shared mailbox calendar. What should I do?
- I’m having performance issues when connected to shared mailboxes on the Exchange servers. What can I do?
- Why is Outlook the recommended desktop email client?
- What is my Microsoft 365 user name?
How do I check my quarantined spam email?
You can review your quarantined spam email by logging in using the following links:
UR Users: Proofpoint Spam Quarantine Portal with your NetID.
URMC Users: Proofpoint Spam Quarantine Portal with your URMC AD Account.
How do I apply for a digital signature?
You can apply a digital signature in Microsoft 365, but will need to use an Outlook client to do so. Please refer to secure email messages by using a digital signature for instructions. If an email with a digital signature is viewed in Webmail, attachments are not accessible.
What are best practices for using Exchange calendar across several devices (desktop, laptop, mobile) and users (delegates and teams)?
Some users have reported issues with calendar events synchronizing or getting meeting updates when using their Exchange calendar on several devices. Here are some best practices for minimizing the likelihood of these issues affecting you.
Why does my Outlook Web Access (OWA) session time out?
OWA will timeout after 1 hour of inactivity. You may experience different behavior depending on the web browser.
What is the data retention policy in Microsoft 365?
There is a 14-day retention period when email is deleted from Trash and a 30-day retention period for deleted mailboxes.
How do I import .pst file data into Outlook?
Refer to the “How to import .pst file data into Outlook” section in the Microsoft Outlook documentation.
How do I change the time zone to my current time zone?
You can change the time zone in the Outlook Web App:
- Sign in to Outlook Web App, click Settings, and then click Options.
- In the left navigation pane, click Settings, and then click Regional.
- In the Current time zone box, click the arrow, and then click the correct time zone setting.
- Click Save.
What is the Clutter folder?
Clutter is designed to help users focus on the most important messages in the inbox by filtering lower priority messages into a Clutter folder. The tool adjusts the filtering based on your email habits and can be configured to use custom filtering rules. Further information and tips for using the Clutter feature are available in Microsoft’s Office Blog.
How do I retrieve an email that I deleted from my Deleted Items folder?
In Outlook, click Tools > Recover Deleted Items.
Why can’t I see public folders?
Public folders are not supported in Microsoft 365. Refer to the Public Folder Options webpage for options to replace your public folders.
Will my Out of Office message be sent more than once if I’m gone for a while?
The Out of Office message will only be sent once to each sender, even when they email you multiple times during your absence. To reset, turn the Out of Office message off and then back on again.
Will my Out of Office message be sent to users with external email addresses?
Yes, you will be able to send Out of Office messages to external email addresses. Go to Tools > Out of Office Assistant and click on Send Out of Office auto-replies. The Inside My Organization tab will send out of office messages to Microsoft 365 mailboxes. The Outside My Organization tab will send Out of Office messages to any mailbox outside of Microsoft 365, including all other mail systems at the University of Rochester.
Why is Outlook the recommended desktop email client?
Using Outlook 2010+ allows you to leverage all of the features of Microsoft 365. Users on other desktop clients may not be able access a feature if that client does not have specific support for it built in. Microsoft also supports Outlook, which will lead to much faster resolution of any issues that may be introduced by upgrades to the Microsoft 365 service.
What is my Microsoft 365 user name?
UR Users will use their Active Directory user ID (ur\username). It is what you use to log in to public workstations on campus.
If you need help identifying your user name:
- Go to the myIdentity portal.
- Log in using your netID and password (same as when logging into HRMS)
- Click on View Account. An account list will be displayed.
- Your user name (User ID) will be displayed by “UR Active Directory” in the account list.
*Please Note: URMC Users will log in with their URMC email address and password.