- What is learn.rochester.edu?
- How do I get access?
- What is the student's username in learn.rochester.edu?
- Does it matter what operating system and browser I use to connect to learn.rochester.edu?
- What features are available in the portal?
- Why do some of my courses say they're "unavailable?"
- I just registered for a new course - why don't I see the link for it in Blackboard?
- I need to be added to a course as a student/TA. How do I do that?
- How can I see courses from a previous semester?
- Why am I not getting my instructor's emails?
- My email address is wrong in Blackboard. How can I fix it?
- Is there any information about Campus services and offices available?
- Can I add money to my meal plan?
- Can my parents add money to my meal plan?
- Can I pay my tuition bill through learn.rochester.edu?
- Do parents have access to learn.rochester.edu?
- Information about Portal Tabs
What is learn.rochester.edu?
Learn.rochester.edu is the University’s student portal. It is based on a system called Blackboard.
Incoming students should have received an email when their account was created.
How do I get access?
Student and faculty accounts are created automatically based on registration data. The system receives course listing and enrollments periodically. These automatically generate accounts for the instructors on record for courses, and the students enrolled in those courses. If you are not enrolled in courses, you may not automatically receive an account.
Staff receive accounts based on employment data. No email is sent for staff accounts.
What is the student's username in learn.rochester.edu?
Students will log in with their NetID
Does it matter what operating system and browser I use to connect to learn.rochester.edu?
Yes. The software that runs learn.rochester.edu (Blackboard) is tested and certified (or compatible) only with certain browser versions on either Windows or MacOS. Check your browser for Blackboard compatibility.
What features are available in the portal?
Currently students in the College of Arts, Sciences and Engineering will see the following “tabs”. Main, Courses, Course Planning, Student Access, Services, Activities, Libraries, and Help.
Students at the Warner Graduate School of Education see Main, Courses, Student Access, Services, Activities , Libraries, and Help.
Students at the Eastman School of Music see Main, Courses, Student Access, Services, Activities, and Help.
Students at the Simon School of business see Main, Courses, Student Access, Services, Activities, Libraries and Help.
I need to be added to a course as a student/TA. How do I do that?
The instructor of the course can add you. If the instructor does not know how to do this, there are instructions on our Manage Users page, or they can contact Blackboard support. Please note that Blackboard support cannot add a student or TA to a course at the user’s request. The request must be authorized by the instructor.
How can I see courses from a previous semester?
Access to courses other than current semesters can be found on the Courses tab. If the course has been made unavailable, you will need to contact the instructor of the course and ask that it be made available again.
Why am I not getting my instructor's emails?
First, check your junk mail folder. In many cases, emails coming from Blackboard seem to end up there.
Another possibility is that your email address is incorrect in Blackboard. To check, go to the Global Navigation link in the top right hand corner of Blackboard:
Click on Settings, then Personal Information/Edit Personal Information. Enter your preferred email address and click Submit.
My email address is wrong in Blackboard. How can I fix it?
Go to the Global Navigation in the top right hand banner of Blackboard. This is the pull-down menu where your name is located.
Click on Settings, then Personal Information, then Edit Personal Information. Enter your preferred email address and click Submit.
Is there any information about Campus services and offices available?
There are links to a number of academic and campus services available from the Services tab. These links are customized based on the school affiliation, so students at Eastman see links specific to Eastman. Additionally, some links are available on the Activities tab.
Can I add money to my meal plan?
There are links to e-Accounts available from the Services tab, on the Accounts sub-tab.
Can my parents add money to my meal plan?
Yes, there is a link to e-Accounts in the Guest Deposit module on the login page for https://learn.rochester.edu. The person will need your first name, last name and your student id number in order to deposit money using a credit card into your account.
Can I pay my tuition bill through learn.rochester.edu?
No. Tuition bills are paid through UR Student. Questions about billing and payments should be directed to the Bursar’s office.
You can also contact the Bursar’s office at (585) 275-3931 or email@example.com.
Do parents have access to learn.rochester.edu?
No, parents do not have accounts in learn.rochester.edu.
Information about Portal Tabs
- Main provides a dashboard into your courses and organizations, as well as important announcements.
- Courses is used to provide access to any courses that a student is enrolled in and are made available with content.
- Services consists of a Home sub-tab with important University services, as well as an Academics sub-tab (academic services), Accounts (financial services) and Jobs.
- Activities is a tab where we have provided both static and dynamic information from various local and campus activities.
- Help tab with student tips for using Blackboard.