Once inside the meeting, there are many tools provided to help make it a successful one. Hosts and participants have a few differences, which are broken down here:
As the Meeting Host
- Turn on transcriptions (closed captioning) for all users to read.
- Set the gallery or “all together” mode for video users.
- Spotlight video – “pin” a user video as the primary view. Great for users that are presenting.
- Mute all
- Only the meeting organizer on a desktop PC can create and assign breakout rooms
- Up to 50 rooms
- Can be manually assigned or randomly
- Rooms can be renamed
- As the host, users can be manually moved around between rooms.
- Send announcements to all rooms
What Attendees Cannot Do in a Breakout Room
- Cannot add participants.
- Can not see suggestions of people who should join (only the host)
- Cannot get meeting details
- Cannot rejoin the original meeting themselves.