To resolve the issues with the wireless service, an emergency wireless network change was made at 3:00pm on Monday, January 22, 2018 requiring all faculty, staff and students using personal laptops, tablets and mobile phones to re-establish these network connections. Most connections can be established with a one-time step, while iOS 11 users will have additional steps to follow.
What to Expect
- For iPhones and iPads using iOS 11, you will need to follow these steps to reconnect to the network (you will continuously be asked to enter a username and password over and over, but it won’t work):
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Select the UR_Connected saved networks and “Forget” them
- Also from settings, go to WiFi, and turn off and then back on
- Reconnect to UR_Connected
- Enter your username and password (ur\username)
- For all other personal laptops, tablets and phones, a security alert will pop up as your device attempts to reconnect to wireless indicating your device cannot verify or validate the wireless network. Click “Connect” (Windows), “Trust” (Android), or “Accept” (iOS) to reconnect to the network. You should only need to do this once per device.
If you are still not able to connect after following these steps, please turn your device off and restart. If trouble persists, contact the Help Desk at 275-2000.
*Wireless networks UR_RC_Guest, eduroam, UR_RC_InternalSecure will not be affected.