In addition to streaming videos, either created by Panopto recorder or by outside software, there are additional features available in Panopto.
1. To see statistics about viewing of your Panopto videos, first log into Panopto. Use your Blackboard login and make sure you set Login Using to “Blackboard Learn”.
2. Under “Browse” you should see a list of folders. Choose the course for which you wish to view statistics.
3. You should now see a list of the recordings. In the top right, you also see four icons. The bar graph is the Statistics function. Click this icon.
4. Now you will see summary statistics for this folder. Set the timeframe below the graph for the period that you wish to review. Then click the download link in the upper right.
5. This will download a Zip file. Open the CSV file within in Excel. You will have a list of the recordings viewed, the number of viewing minutes, the specific date and time of the viewing and the account information for the user that viewed the recording.
Some schools use automated services to generate captions files. Contact your school support person to learn more.
There are three options for do-it-yourself captioning in Panopto:
Creating a Student Dropbox Area: Use this option if you want students to be able to submit videos into Panopto and later be able to view each other’s videos.
Student Video Submission as an Assignment: Use this option if you wish to have students submit a video and only you (the instructor or grader), will be viewing it.
Additionally, Panopto can be used to host and stream videos to viewers outside Blackboard.Sharing videos outside of Blackboard