The Secure Download Manager (SDM) is a program for downloading files securely from a web store. When you download software from a web store that uses the SDM, you will be prompted to download and install the SDM to your computer. The SDM provides for secure, effective and efficient file downloads, especially for files that are too large for some browsers to download. You receive the software that you ordered safely and completely.
- Resumes unfinished or interrupted downloads from where they left off
- Simple installation wizard
- Multiple files can be downloaded at the same time
- You decide when to download
- Easily handles large files (larger than 2 GB)
- Ensures your files are secure by using encrypted data
- Easy downloading with one click
For more details about the SDM, click one of the question mark icons on the Get Your Software in 4 Easy Steps page or click the Need Help? button in the SDM window.
Download and Install SDM
- Sign in to the web store using your NetID and password.
- Place the order for your software. When the order is completed, the receipt page is displayed.
- On the Receipt page, click the Start Download button. The Get your Software in 4 Easy Steps window is displayed.
- Click the Download SDM button (Step 1). The SDM starts downloading.
- Follow the steps for your browser to download the SDM on your computer. Depending on your browser, the steps will be slightly different (Step 2).
- Locate the downloaded file and launch the SDM.
- Click the Download .SDX button for your order (Step 3). Depending on your browser, the SDM window may open when the .SDX has completed downloading or you may have to locate the .SDX file before you can download your software (Step 4).
- Click the Start Download button for each item to download your software.