MATLAB is an integrated technical computing environment that combines numeric computation, advanced graphics and visualization, and a high-level programming language. MATLAB is used in a variety of application areas including signal and image processing, control system design, finance, engineering, and medical research.
How To Get A Copy
The University provides the Total Academic Headcount license, which includes a suite of 56toolboxes for one flat rate.
- Hajim School: Contact email@example.com.
- Computer Science Department: Contact your IT system administrator.
- All other faculty/staff: Contact the UR Tech Store at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Delivery estimate: 2 business days)
The University provides the Total Academic Headcount license, which includes a suite of 56 toolboxes, free of charge for all full- and part-time students.
- Access the License Center in your MathWorks account.
- Click Create Account. Accounts must be created with a valid University of Rochester student email account.
- Verify your email address.
- Complete the application process. Enter Activation Key 76562-47830-54543-45712-59484 and then click Create.
- Click Download Products.
- Choose your platform (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Choose log in with a Mathworks Account, then click Next.
- Agree to the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Log in with your MathWorks Account, then click Next.
- Select a license (1100764), then click Next.
- Choose where to download MATLAB, then click Next.
- Select products to install. It will default to install all. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once MATLAB finishes installing, click Next.
- Follow the prompts, then click Finish.
MathWorks can assist with any installation issues at (506) 647-7000. For on-campus MATLAB support, contact the IT Help Desk at email@example.com or visit the IT Center in Rush Rhees Library.
- $0 – AS&E faculty, staff, and students; Computer Science department; Laboratory for Laser Energetics; Simon School faculty, staff and students
- $394 (annual fee, per user) – All other faculty and staff
See the Mathworks system requirements page for details.
Below is a list of included Toolboxes
|Control System Toolbox|
|Curve Fitting Toolbox|
|DSP System Toolbox|
|Data Acquisition Toolbox|
|Image Processing Toolbox|
|Instrument Control Toolbox|
|Parallel Computing Toolbox|
|Signal Processing Toolbox|
|Simulink Control Design|
|Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox|
|Symbolic Math Toolbox|
|Computer Vision Toolbox|
|Deep Learning Toolbox|
|Filter Design HDL Coder|
|Financial Instruments Toolbox|
|Fuzzy Logic Toolbox|
|Global Optimization Toolbox|
|Image Acquisition Toolbox|
|MATLAB Compiler SDK|
|MATLAB Report Generator|
|Model Predictive Control Toolbox|
|Partial Differential Equation Toolbox|
|Phased Array System Toolbox|
|Robotics System Toolbox|
|Robust Control Toolbox|
|Simulink Design Optimization|
|System Identification Toolbox|
|Text Analytics Toolbox|