Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a Microsoft program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. University of Rochester students and faculty can download some Microsoft tools and applications through the website at no cost, including Visual Studio Professional, Windows servers, and SQL servers.
How To Get A Copy
- Log in to the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching.
- Read the new instructions and click the “Sign-in” button. You may be asked to setup a Microsoft account if you don’t already have one. (Note: Please use the email you provided for your previous Imagine subscription access when creating a new Microsoft Account.
- After creating your Microsoft account and successfully logging in look for the Software section on the Dashboard and click on that. Browse for the product you want, Like: Visual Studio and click on that option.
- On the right-side panel look for the “View Key” button. Click on that and copy the license key. Then click the download button at the bottom of the right-side panel. And when it asks to save the download file click “Save File”. You’ll have a new installer application downloaded in your downloads folder.
- Go to your browser’s download folder and find the installer. Double-click the installer and follow all the prompts and directions. Click “Ok”. Application will download and install.
Varies by product. Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is more complicated than Imagine due to its tie-in with the MS Azure Cloud Devops and hosting services.
Varies by product. Visit the Azure Dev Tools for Teachingfor details.
If you have any questions about the website, contact the Senior Instructional Technology consultant.