SOLIDWORKS is a 3D CAD Design and analysis software, and a solid modeler that utilizes a parametric feature based approach to create models and assemblies.
How To Get A Copy
Can purchase access to the University of Rochester license pool.
You will need to provide:
- payment information (account number if applicable)
- user(s) name(s) and address(es)
Students (Educational not for research):
Student Engineering Kit (SEK) is available via our license agreement for your personal device. The SEK versions of SOLIDWORKS are for educational and classroom use only. Email UR Tech Store for Student Access Activation Code
Faculty and staff can use the SEK (Education only. Not for research)
All College or Arts Science and Engineering faculty staff and students are eligible to obtain SEK at no cost.
Faculty, Staff for research:
- License pool access: $1,282/year.
Payment may be made by blue 312 requisition, email (account number), cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover or personal check.
SOLIDWORKS is available for Windows operating systems only. Visit SOLIDWORKS for details.
SOLIDWORKS is installed on all Windows machines in labs libraries and classrooms that managed by ECM. https://tech.rochester.edu/services/computer-labs/
MySolidWorks is available for Students. With this you can:
- Access over 400 product tutorial videos and learn SOLIDWORKS on your own schedule, at your own pace – anytime, anywhere, onany device
- Access the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) prep course
- Search for and get answers to your questions about SOLIDWORKS
- Download free 3D and 2D CAD models of user-contributed and supplier-certified parts, assemblies, and more
- Share your designs with online storage services
- Access reliable, near-by manufacturersMySolidWorks helps students gain the skills to work faster and smarter with SOLIDWORKS.
To create an account, go to: http://www.solidworks.com/mysolidworks_for_students