Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) allows you to sync email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes from your Office 365 account to your Apple device.
Add Office 365 Account in Apple Mail for iOS
- Tap your Settings app.
- Scroll down to the Passwords and Accounts entry and Tap it.
- Under the Accounts section, Tap Add Account.
- Tap Exchange to select your type of account.
- Enter your Full email (Username@UR.Rochester.edu or Username@URMC.Rochester.edu) in the Email field. The tab below is Description. This is a customizable label for the account and is there for you to identify your account so you will recognize it. It will automatically list “Exchange” if you do not enter anything.
- A prompt will ask you to either Configure Manually or Sign In. Tap Sign In.
- After loading, an in-window browser page will pop-up with the Microsoft login page. Enter your email password here.
- A Duo window should pop up next. Authenticate with Duo with your preferred method.
- Another Microsoft window should come up asking for Permissions. Accept the permissions request.
- After confirming your sign in, it will ask you which Apps you would like to connect with your UR / URMC account (Mail should be turned on already, and the other options include Contacts, Calendars. Reminders, and Notes). Tap which apps you would like to sync. (These can be changed at a later date in the passwords and accounts section.)
- Press Save.