The following steps will be carried over into Calendar and Contacts. However, some features that exist in Outlook 2016 for Mac may not be accessible through Apple Mail, Calendar, and Contacts.
Microsoft 365 email access using Mac Mail requires MacOS X 10.14 (Mojave) or newer.
Add Microsoft 365 email account in Apple Mail for Mac
- Click System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.
- Click Microsoft Exchange to select your type of account.
- Enter your Username@UR.Rochester.edu (Not your First.Last@Rochester.edu) in the Email field and click Sign In.
- A prompt will ask you to either Configure Manually or Sign In. Click Sign In.
- After loading, an in-window browser page will pop-up with the Microsoft login page. Enter your email password here.
- A Duo window should pop up next. Authenticate with Duo with your preferred method.
- Another Microsoft window should come up asking for Permissions. Accept the permissions request.
- After confirming your sign-in, it will ask you which Apps you would like to connect with your UR / URMC account (Mail should be turned on already, and the other options include Contacts, Calendars. Reminders, and Notes). Tap which apps you would like to sync. (These can be changed at a later date in the passwords and accounts section.)
- Press Done.
Remove email account from Apple Mail on Mac
- In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts.
- Select an account, then click the Remove button. Note: If the account is used by other apps on your Mac, you’re asked to remove the account in Internet Accounts System Preferences.