When a voicemail is left on your extension, an email is sent to you containing:
- Subject line stating the calling number if an internal extension or “unknown caller” if an external caller or internal extension without voicemail
- An audio file (.wav) of the message left on your voicemail.
Play the audio file to listen to your voicemail message.
Pros and Cons
- Allows you to immediately listen to your voicemail message
- Enables easy archiving of messaging
- Does not require you to be connected to a University network to access the message
- Does not turn off the message waiting indicator light on your telephone