When a voicemail is left on your extension, an email is sent to you containing:
- Subject line stating the calling number if an internal extension or “unknown caller” if an external caller
- A link to the voicemail web interface to listen to the message
Click the link, then log in to the voicemail web interface using your 5-digit phone extension and voicemail passcode.
Once logged in, you can manage your messages from this web interface.
Pros and Cons
- Allows you to immediately listen to your voicemail message
- Turns off the message waiting indicator light on your telephone
- Allows you to manage all of the messages in your mailbox from the web interface
- Provides secure access to your voicemail
- Requires you to be connected to the University network to access the web interface
- Requires additional steps to access the message