Connect to VPN: Step 1
Open the Cisco AnyConnect application on your computer.
- Open Finder, then navigate to Applications > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Click the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to launch the application.
Type in vpnconnect.rochester.edu then click Connect.
Enter your NetID and password. In the Second Password field, enter one of the following commands to indicate how you would like to authenticate with Duo two-factor authentication:
- push – Receive a push notification in the Duo Mobile app on your smart phone or tablet.
- sms – Receive an authentication passcode via text message on your mobile phone. Once you have received the text message, re-enter your NetID and password on the VPN login screen, then enter the passcode in the Second Password field.
- phone – Receive a phone call—you must press a key to verify you received the call
- alternate device – Add a number to the end of the command you enter in the Duo Method field (e.g. push2, phone3)
Click OK, then authenticate through Duo on your device. When you are connected, you will see the VPN icon in your menu bar.
Disconnect from VPN
Click the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client icon in your menu bar. In the drop-down menu, click “Show AnyConnect Window”.