Microsoft Teams can act as a VOIP (voice over IP) device. Calls can be placed to any colleague within the organization just as you would a traditional phone – only there are no numbers to dial.
The following options are available on the left sidebar in the Calls section:
- Speed Dial: Curate categories and add people to them to keep everything organized.
- Contacts: List style display of all your contacts and some brief information pulled from their active directory profile.
- History: Shows a complete list of all the calls made, received, or missed – as well as the duration and when.
- Voicemail: Shows a list of the voicemails received as well as a text transcription of them.
- Voicemail can be configured from the Settings menu.