- Who can use Zoom?
- Who can help me learn to use Zoom?
- Can I integrate Zoom with my Blackboard Learn courses?
- How many meetings can I schedule on my account at once?
- How long are meetings on my account available?
- Can I schedule Zoom meetings directly from Outlook?
- Is there a way to connect to video conferencing solutions outside of the University?
- Which tool should I choose for virtual meetings?
Who can use Zoom?
Zoom is available to all faculty, staff, and students at the University. Your account is provisioned upon logging in for the first time. Non-University participants are able to join meetings without an account, or can create a free personal account at http://zoom.us.
For HIPAA protected use, a HIPAA compliant Zoom environment is available. This instance has the following features and settings to ensure patient data is protected:
- End-to-end encryption
- Restricted file-transfer within client
- Local-only meeting recording
Who can help me learn to use Zoom?
There are a variety of resources available for learning to use Zoom:
- Tutorials for a variety of basic and advanced Zoom features are available on our Tutorials page
- The Zoom Help Center has a searchable database of tutorials, videos, FAQs, and more
- Participate in a weekly Zoom Training Webinar
- Reach out to your local Zoom Super User. Zoom Super Users are individuals around the University who have received training in using Zoom
Can I integrate Zoom with my Blackboard Learn courses?
Yes, you can make Zoom available in your Blackboard Learn course. Check out the Zoom Integration with Blackboard Learn instructions for more details.
How many meetings can I schedule on my account at once?
Your Zoom account can have as many meetings as you want, but only one active meeting at a time. Be mindful of scheduling overlapping Zoom meetings on your account, as the later meeting will not be available until the earlier meeting completes.
How long are meetings on my account available?
- A non-recurring meeting will expire 30 days after the meeting is scheduled for. You can restart the same meeting ID as many times as you would like, within the 30 day period.
- A recurring meeting will expire 365 days after the meeting is started on the last occurrence. You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences.
- Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time. The links will not expire or become invalid unless it is past the 30 day period for a non-recurring meeting, has not been used for over 365 days for a recurring meeting, or has been deleted from your Zoom account. An instant meeting link will expire as soon as the meeting is over.
Can I schedule Zoom meetings directly from Outlook?
Yes, an Outlook plugin is available for ease of scheduling.
Is there a way to connect to video conferencing solutions outside of the University?
Yes, Zoom features full H323 SIP connection capabilities.