Log into the Guest Account System with your NetID and password.
Click the “Add Guest” button.
Read the “Sponsor Agreement” and IT Policies and click “I agree”.
Select whether or not your guest is currently with you in-person.
- If yes (rare for vendors), have your guest input their PII (Personal Identifying Information) in step 8 below.
- If no, the guest will be sent an email with a link to input their PII (Personal Identifying Information).
Select the “Vendor” account type near the bottom of the “Which type of Guest are you requesting accounts for?” screen.
Select which Active Directory accounts your vendor requires (UR, URMC or both), whether or not they need an email account for each Active Directory account and their expiration date.
The sponsorship will be ended by automation on the day following the expiration date set in the Guest Account System between 4AM and 6AM. For example. if the expiration date is set to May 31st, 2022, automation will end the relationship between 4:00 and 6:00 AM on June 1st, 2022. Dates can be selected up to 13 months into the future.
URMC Vendor Accounts:
- You must have a URMC Active Directory domain account to request a URMC Active Directory account.
- Only established sponsors of record or members of ISD are able to request URMC vendor accounts in the Guest Account System. Sponsors of record are maintained by Identity Management.
- URMC vendor accounts require the selection of a vendor template, which also determines if the email and home directory buttons are available to be selected. Most vendors are not entitled to email and home directories and the email and home drive options will not be selectable.
- Related FAQ: Why can’t I select a URMC Active Directory account?
- Related FAQ: Why can’t I select a URMC account with the vendor guest type?
- If you are presented with the opportunity to create a URMC account and the vendor that you are looking for is not present in the vendor dropdown, please reach out to the University IT Help Desk at 585-275-2000 or UnivITHelp@rochester.edu.
Input your vendor’s name and personal email address. Click “Next“.
If you selected that your guest is with you in-person during step 4 above, have them fill out their PII (Date of birth, and last four of their Social Security Number) and click “Next“.
Verify that the following information that you input is correct on the “Review Request” screen and click “Submit” if it is correct. If something is not correct, click the “Back” button to modify your request.
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Personal email
- Account(s) requested
- Expiration date
Click “Done” on the “Submitted” screen after reviewing the status of the request.
|In-Person Status and PII Submitted||Account Creation Details|
|Yes||The Active Directory and NetID accounts will be created after a new identity (URID) is created for them or they are tied to an existing URID if they have had a previous relationship with the university.|
|No||The guest will need to login to the URL (web address) provided in an automated email that was sent to them asking for them to input their PII.
Once they have submitted their PII, the Active Directory and NetID accounts will be created after a new identity (URID) is created for them or they are tied to an existing URID if they have had a previous relationship with the university.
Once the accounts have been created as per step 11 above, you as the sponsor will receive an email with the following information asking you to provide this information to the guest when you are ready to have the guest start using their account(s):
- NetID Name
- UR Active Directory Account Name (if requested)
- URMC Active Directory Account Name (if requested)
- Email Address (if requested)
- Link to the University Account Initialization site (https://myidentity.rochester.edu/newuser )
URMC Vendor Accounts:
If the vendor selected has a firewall rule in place, once the accounts are created, service requests will be sent to the IT Service Desk Portal to request the appropriate provisioning. Firewall provisioning can take up to three days to be completed.
AD Account Help Desk Contact Information:
- UR (University IT)
- URMC (URMC ISD)