The operational initiatives highlighted here provide opportunities for greater efficiency through improved collaboration and coordination in the delivery of IT services to the University community.
- First and foremost, we focus on operational excellence in all we do, ensuring robust and secure systems and solutions 7×24, 365 days a year.
- Continued emphasis on enterprise systems and services modernization as guided by University governance, including support for the URMC affiliate strategy.
- Mature our capabilities to manage the University’s cloud expansion in support of research and operations.
- Continued emphasison cybersecurity to minimize our risk exposures across the enterprise with continued focus on people, policy, and technology.
- Focus on capitalizing on the investments in the University’s digital transformation by enabling improved data quality and governance, along with developing actionable analytics and implementing business process automation solutions to help drive efficiencies in units and reduce the University’s overall technical debt and complexities.
- Recruit, retain, develop and recognize employees with a continued focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Project Management Office
With representatives from across the organization, the Project Management Office (PMO) oversees the pipeline of University IT programs and projects. High-level project milestones are tracked to provide information about project status and resource coordination and to identify escalation points should there be any issues and/or risk decisions to be made.